School based health centers
We have partnered with Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Services to offer free health services to any student who lives in the school district.
Call 518-573-2556 and leave a message with your name and call-back number to schedule an appointment.
The health centers are located in the following school buildings, but are open to any student who lives in the school district, regardless of which school they attend:
- 91桃色 High School | 700 Washington Ave.
- Giffen Memorial Elementary School | 274 South Pearl St.
- Sheridan Preparatory Academy | 400 Sheridan Ave.
Enrolled students will have access to the following care:
- Yearly physicals
- Sick visits (including prescriptions)
- Management of diabletes, asthma and other chronic conditions
- Referrals to specialists
- Assistance with enrollment in health insurance
There are no out-of-pocket expenses to families for on-site health services provided to registered children. In addition, families can keep their child's primary care doctor.
Whitney Young will make referrals for additional health and mental health services that cannot be provided at the school-based health center. Services are provided under the direction of a medical doctor, family nurse practitioners and physician assistants.
Interested in learning more?
To learn more and download enrollment paperwork, or contact: